How can Inbound Email Marketing Fuel your Overall Strategy?
In order to have a successful inbound marketing strategy, you need to integrate a variety of different strategies that all work together to achieve the same goal.
Email marketing is one important piece of the puzzle and can be an extremely effective way to fuel your other campaigns and help convert leads into customers.
According to Statista, “In 2020, the number of global e-mail users amounted to four billion and is set to grow to 4.6 billion users in 2025”.
Therefore, this form of marketing is not to be ignored!
Today, we’ll explore how email marketing can fit into your overall inbound plan and some tips for making sure it’s as effective as possible. Stay tuned!
What Is Email Marketing And Its Benefits?
Before we get into the details, let’s find out what exactly is email marketing and the role it plays in generating revenue for any business?
Email marketing is the process of sending marketing messages or commercial messages to a group of people using an email marketing software.
The main purpose is to build relationships with customers and prospects, promote customer loyalty, and drive sales.
Email marketing can also be used to deliver content that educates and informs recipients, builds brand awareness, and strengthens relationships with existing customers.
Benefits Of Email Marketing For A Business
As discussed above, email marketing is an extremely important tool for any business, as it helps to generate leads and sales by engaging existing customers and attracting new ones.
With an exponentially growing email user base, the importance of email marketing is growing with each passing year.
Here are some of the benefits this form of marketing can provide you as a business owner.
– Increased brand awareness and visibility: By consistently sending out targeted email messages to a large audience, you can build your brand’s presence and reach more potential customers.
– Improved customer engagement: With the help of effective email marketing campaigns, you can engage with your customers on a personal level, building stronger relationships and increasing brand loyalty.
– More leads and sales: By driving traffic to your website or landing pages through email campaigns, you can generate more leads and conversions, resulting in increased revenue for your business.
– Greater ROI: Email marketing has one of the highest ROIs of any marketing channel, making it an extremely effective and efficient way to grow your business.
– Emails can be personalized for each customer: One of the great things about email marketing is that you can send highly personalized messages to each of your subscribers.
This helps to build a stronger connection with them and makes them more likely to convert into customers or clients.
– Automation saves time: With email marketing, you can set up automated campaigns that will do all the work for you.
This can save you a lot of time and hassle, giving you more time to focus on other aspects of your business.
– Easy to implement: Email marketing doesn’t contain any complicated processes. You can easily train your staff to use email marketing as part of your inbound strategy. Best of all, as mentioned above, as email marketing can be automated, you can send thousands of emails with a single click.
– Emails can be tracked: Email marketing platforms provide you with detailed reports and analytics so that you can see how your campaigns are performing. This data can be used to improve future campaigns, ensuring that they are more successful than ever before.
What Is Inbound Email Marketing?
Inbound email marketing is a type of email marketing that focuses on providing valuable content to recipients, rather than selling or promoting a product.
The goal of inbound email marketing is to build relationships with customers and prospects, educate them about your products or services, and ultimately convert them into customers or sales.
In order to do this effectively, inbound email marketers use a variety of techniques and strategies, such as personalized messaging, segmentation and targeting, content curation, and more.
Some popular tools used for inbound email marketing include ActiveCampaign, also check out Salesmate.io which is a CRM and offers Automated email sequences built into the CRM as well. GetResponse is another great email marketing tool. All of these software offer free trials, click the link to sign up.
If you are looking to start an effective inbound email marketing campaign for your business, we recommend using one of these tools.
How Can Inbound Email Marketing Fuel Your Overall Strategy?
Now that we’ve gone over some of the benefits of email marketing and what exactly is inbound email marketing.
So, let’s take a look at how it can fit into your inbound strategy?
Inbound marketing is all about attracting strangers and turning them into customers and fans.
It’s a holistic, integrated approach that uses a variety of strategies, including content marketing, SEO, social media, and email marketing, to achieve this goal.
Email marketing can be used at every stage of the inbound marketing funnel, from attracting new website visitors to engaging existing leads and nurturing them until they are ready to convert into customers.
At the top of the funnel, email marketing can be used to drive traffic to your website or landing pages with targeted content offers.
As prospects move down the funnel, you can use drip campaigns and other automated email workflows to engage with them, provide helpful information, and guide them down the conversion path.
Once you have attracted new customers with email marketing, it’s important to continue sending targeted messages in order to build brand awareness and loyalty over time.
As you can see, email marketing is an essential tool for any business that wants to succeed in today’s competitive marketplace.
If you’re not already using this powerful form of marketing, now is the time to get started.
How To Include Inbound Email Marketing As Part Of Your Overall Strategy?
Now that you know its importance, the next question is how to successfully include email marketing as part of your overall strategy?
Here are some tips to get started!
Build An Email List
The first step is to build an email list with a software like ActiveCampaign of potential leads and customers by collecting their contact information through sign-up forms on your website, social media profiles, other marketing campaigns, or events.
Make sure you collect the information in the least aggressive way and by offering some value to the customers. For example, you could offer them a free ebook, special offers or discounts, or other useful content in exchange for their contact information.
Create An Optimized Email Marketing Campaign
Once you have a list of potential leads, it’s time to create optimized email marketing campaigns that are tailored specifically to them. This can be done by segmenting your email list based on factors such as demographics, interests, or purchasing behavior.
Doing this will allow you to send targeted, relevant, and personalized messages that are more likely to resonate with each individual lead.
Create Catchy Subject Lines
An average person receives over 100 emails per day and if you want to cut through the noise, the only way is to have catchy headlines.
Try using action-oriented language, asking questions, or offering a special offer to entice people to open your emails and read the content.
Test, Measure, and Optimize
Once you have sent out a few email campaigns, it’s important to take a step back and analyze the results.
Look at metrics such as open rates, click-through rates, and unsubscribe rates to see how your emails are performing and make necessary changes to improve future campaigns.
How To Track The Success Of Your Email Marketing Campaign?
One key component of successful email marketing is the ability to track and measure campaign performance.
There are a number of different metrics that you can use to evaluate the success of your campaigns, such as open rates, click-through rates, conversion rates, and unsubscribe rates.
By tracking these metrics over time and comparing them to previous campaigns, you can get a good idea of which strategies are working and which ones need to be tweaked.
Additionally, you can use A/B testing to experiment with different subject lines, call-to-actions, or email content to see what has the biggest impact on your target audience.
Meaning Of Different Email Marketing Metrics
Let’s try to understand the meaning of the different email marketing metrics that we have discussed above.
Open rate: Open rate is the percentage of people who opened your email out of the total number of people who received it. A good open rate is around 20-30%.
Click-through rates: It is the number of people who click on a link in your email out of the total number of people who received it.
Conversion rates: This metric measures the number of people who completed the desired action as a result of receiving your email, such as making a purchase or filling out a contact form.
Unsubscribe rate: This metric measures the number of people who unsubscribe from your email list after receiving one of your emails. If this number is high, it could be an indication that your emails are not relevant to your target audience.
A/B testing: This is a method of testing two different versions of an email (Version A and Version B) to see which one performs better before finalizing it.
Tips to exponentially grow your email list
Now that we have discussed some of the basics of email marketing, let’s take a look at some tips to help you exponentially grow your email list.
- Use pop-ups and exit-intent forms: Pop-ups are a great way to collect emails from website visitors who are about to leave.
You can use a pop-up or an exit-intent form to offer a discount or a freebie in exchange for an email address.
- Use social media: Everyone uses social media which makes it an excellent way to promote your content and grow your email list.
You can use Facebook ads, Twitter ads, or Instagram ads to drive traffic to a landing page or signup form where people can enter their email addresses.
- Add opt-in forms to all your content: To maximize your reach and grow your list quickly, you should add opt-in forms to every piece of content that you publish, including blog posts, videos, infographics, and more.
- Conduct giveaways and contests: Use giveaways and contests to entice people to sign up for your email list.
You can offer a prize in exchange for an email address or simply run a contest where the winner will be chosen at random from all the entrants.
- Use lead magnets: A lead magnet is an irresistible offer that is specifically designed to attract the attention of your target audience and encourage them to sign up for your email list.
Some examples of lead magnets include ebooks, checklists, templates, and courses.
- Collaborate with other businesses: Partnering with another business is a great way to reach a new audience and grow your email list quickly.
For example, you could collaborate on a webinar or guest blog post where you promote each other’s businesses to your respective audiences.
- Use tools to automate your email list growth: There are a number of great tools that you can use to automate your email list growth.
- Use Google Ads: You can use Google AdWords to drive traffic to a landing page where people can sign up for your email list.
- Host a webinar: Webinars are a great way to generate leads and grow your email list. You can promote your webinar to your existing audience and use it as an opportunity to collect email addresses. Consider Livestorm to host your webinar.
- Sponsor a contest or event: You can sponsor a contest or event to reach a new audience and collect email addresses. For example, you could sponsor a local marathon or host a contest on social media.
Email marketing is a great way to connect with your audience and promote your content. By using the tips above, you can grow your email list quickly and start building relationships with your subscribers.
It’s time to create a viral inbound strategy
You see, email marketing is a powerful tool that can help you fuel your overall inbound strategy.
When used correctly, it can help you increase website traffic, generate leads, and convert more customers.
By creating interesting and engaging content, designing catchy emails, and targeting the right audience, you can create a successful email marketing campaign that helps you achieve your business goals.
Use our guide to create a viral inbound email marketing strategy
So are you ready to start?